Turkey Day Tips
We would like to take this time to give you some tips to try and avoid needing a last-minute plumber this weekend. So here is our list of Turkey Day Tips to help you stear clear of any catastrophies in the precious kitchen this weekend!
1. THROW AWAY AS MUCH FOOD AS POSSIBLE - Although the garbage disposal in your sink is a great tool, it by no means should be your first line of defense! Garbage disposals are for little scraps left over, you should throw away as much as you can before, and use the disposal for anything left behind to avoid any stoppages.
2. NO GREASE OR OIL DOWN THE SINK - Make sure when you have any grease left over that you do not dispose of it in the sink! The grease will slowly solidify and create a blockage in your sink. A simple option is to put it in an old can or jar and throw it away once it solidifies.
3. NO FRUIT IN THE DISPOSAL - We have heard before that people put lemons or limes down their sink to remove a bad odor. No. NO. NO! The "stringyness" of fruits do not break down easily and can get caught in the disposal and lead to it working poorly or breaking.
4. RUN WATER WHEN USING DISPOSAL - Keep the water running while you disposal on, preferably cool water, as this will keep your disposal's motor from overheating.
5. CALL YOUR PLUMBER EARLY - Our biggest recommendation that we can not stress enough is to make sure everything is running properly before you need it. If you wait until Thanksgiving morning and realize your plumbing is acting up, you may be in a cornucopia of problems.... sorry, couldn't resist.
So plan ahead, check your plumbing today, and call us if you need some assistance! Thank you to all of our customers out there, we can't help but be thankful for you keeping us as Your Neighborhood Plumber for the last 25 years!